Sunday, August 15, 2010

How sweat it is...

Today in community yoga class the students who attended were treated to a led Ashtanga Primary series class. I led, they followed. Man, was it sweaty! We moved through the postures briskly and dripped like water faucets onto our mats. I was concerned that we were moving a little too fast for my students, but they said I was not. We skipped just a couple of postures, Janu Sirsasana C, Marichyasana B and D, Setu Bandhasana, but otherwise, we did all of the other postures. We all had been experiencing some areas of pain during the week, but by the end of the practice, we were all feeling great. It just felt terrific to sweat so much. In Ashtanga, it's expected. That's how we detox and purify. Sweat is the by-product. Our 10-minute Savasana was our reward for our hard work. Good work everybody!

Then I came home, drank a cold beer, and went swimming in the river. The river was crystal clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment